Global Leader in Market Research for Residential Communities
For 35 years, ProMatura has been a world leader in market research for residential communities, specializing in all forms of age-qualified housing (aka seniors housing, senior living, retirement communities). We’re a full-service firm, helping clients make decisions and solve conundrums through custom-designed studies. Our data are valid, reliable, usable, defensible. Our research has proven again and again to yield exceptional, successful communities.
We work with a variety of clients, including developers, existing communities, industry associations, and finance and investment agencies. Common questions we help answer are:
- Is my planned community site appropriate?
- Am I building the right type of community for my market?
- What do potential buyers want in housing? What do they need? How much will they pay?
- What are the best floor plans to use?
- How can I fill units faster?
- How can I make my residents happier?
ProMatura works in every state of the US, every province in Canada, and throughout Mexico—and we’ve conducted research for businesses in the UK, Spain, Portugal, France, Costa Rica, Honduras, Australia, Japan, and China. Wherever you are, we’re here to help your community thrive.
Experienced Product Tester
ProMatura has tested more than 3,000 consumer products, evaluating them for usability and usefulness. We work with consumer product designers and manufacturers, especially in the 55+ market, to answer questions such as:
- Will my product sell to consumers?
- Is my product appropriate for the mature market?
- Are the features and functions of our product usable and useful?
- Which features are must-have, nice to have, or unwanted?
Products we’ve tested include:
- Emergency response systems
- Hearing aids
- Walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, canes
- Tubs, showers, grab rails
- Furniture, cabinetry
- Cleaning products
- Consumer programs targeted to the mature market
- Stoves, microwaves, other appliances
- Packaging for child-proof adult access (e.g., medicine bottles)
Completed Projects In:
Market feasibility studies for all forms of retirement housing
Retirement housing industry research
Consumer product testing (propensity to purchase, ergonomics, design, usability, usefulness)
We work with retirement communities, single builders, production builders, master-planned communities, corporations, industry organizations, and consumer product developers. ProMatura also conducts industry-wide research for the American Seniors Housing Association, among other national organizations.
American Seniors Housing Association
Benchmark Senior Living
Bridge Investment Group
Brookdale Senior Living
Capital Health Group
Commerce Pursuit Capital, LP
Covenant Living Communities and Services
Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors
National Investment Center for Seniors Housing and Care
Ontario Retirement Communities Association
Pacific Union Land Company
Presbyterian Villages of Michigan
Rancho Mission Viejo
St. Paul’s (San Diego)
Sunrise Senior Living
Watermark Retirement Communities